Tuesday, October 13, 2015

The 7/7/7/7 Challenge

Maggie Maxwell tagged me for another Share Your Work blog challenge.


In short, you go to the seventh page of a WiP, count down to the seventh line and then share the following seven lines with your readers. And then you tag seven more people. (I'm still working on the last bit. If you would like to be tagged, let me know.)


From my post-apocalyptic, Steampunk novel-in-progress, Survivor: [Izzy is an airship captain. She and her first mate, Kiirahk - a female gorilla, are checking out the remains of a traveling party that was attacked by scavengers.]


Kiirahk was already rolling the man onto his back, picking over him the way a mother examines a child. She grunted, surprised. /No wounds./

"He's covered in blood."
 
The gorilla pulled open the stained shirt, prodding the skin underneath with thick fingers. /Scars. No wounds./

Izzy shivered despite the smelting summer day. "Let me see."

(Want to play too? Drop me a comment and I will be happy to tag you.) 

No comments: